180802 iKON 'New Kids: Continue' Pre-comeback Press Interview



Article Compilation:

iKON Talks About Making 2 Comebacks This Year


The agency doesn’t present them if they’re not ready. That’s why some fans call them ‘jewel box’, which indicates that the groups are ‘kept inside and hidden’. That is, YG Entertainment. However, iKON is making their second comeback this year, following their comeback in early 2018.

The success of iKON’s mega hit ‘LOVE SCENARIO’ became a driving force, and high-quality songs that came out after were decisive, according to the members’ explanation.

On August 2, iKON met reporters at Seoul Yeouido Conrad Hotel and had an interview celebrating the release of their new mini album ‘NEW KIDS : CONTINUE’, sharing their recent whereabouts and stories on their upcoming album.

The members shared their thoughts on making comeback. They also expressed their gratitude on the success of ‘LOVE SCENARIO’, the title song from their previous album. The song’s success became a driving force in preparing to make their second comeback and making their 2nd comeback encouraging.

DK stated, “The love and support ‘LOVE SCENARIO’ received became a driving force”, while JAY stated, “It’s not easy for artists to make two comebacks within a year, but we’re happy that we were able to make it”.

B.I felt the same way. He stated, “It’s hard to make two comebacks in a year. The members, staff, and our president, we all worked hard on the album. Please show a lot of love and support”.

CHAN stated, “We were loved with ‘LOVE SCENARIO’. Since it’s our next album, we all prepared hard”. BOBBY added, “The children sang to our song. I didn’t know at first, but people sang ‘LOVE SCENARIO’ while hiking. Then I felt like a lot of people like our song. I really felt grateful”.

Why is it hard to release songs frequently in YG? The members stated, “I think it’s hard… When the quality of the song doesn’t reach a certain level. Our president lets us release only when the songs are good. He supported us a lot this time and told us, ‘No matter how the results turn out, it’s not your fault’ He shared many kind words”.

Things have changed after the release of ‘LOVE SCENARIO’ and their 4th year after making debut. B.I stated, “Our president bought us a delicious meal for the first time. We dined with the CEO for the first time, and now we even have a group chat room. He used to have an image difficult to reach out to. Nowadays, we laugh at his jokes. He tries hard to make us feel comfortable”.

He added, “It’s our 4th year now. I guess he didn’t feel good about being strict and firm to us. He just tries to make us feel comfortable”.

Today at 6 PM, iKON will release their new mini album ‘NEW KIDS : CONTINUE’ on various music platforms. ‘NEW KIDS : CONTINUE’ is the final series from the trilogy that began with ‘NEW KIDS:BEGIN’ last year on May and continued with ‘RETURN’ released this year on January. The album will contain a total of 5 tracks including the title song ‘KILLING ME’, sub-title song ‘FREEDOM’, ‘ONLY YOU’, ‘COCKTAIL’, and ‘JUST FOR YOU’.

The members had time to review the previously released albums from the trilogy series. B.I stated, “We showed our strong will and image through the song ‘BLING BLING’. ‘LOVE SCENARIO’ was my type, personally. It talks about love and goes from a strong image to a mellow image. This album has more of both sexy and plaintive feelings”.

He added, “’Continue’ stands for our future. We want to create our own outlook on the world and walk towards the end”.

What do they feel about success. B.I responded, “It would be great if the songs perform well in charts, but that’s not the reason we’re making music”. The members felt the same way.

iKON emphasized their ‘first intentions’. The members stated, ‘iKON’s color is transparent. We’re not perfectly pure, but we’re transparent. What we seek is first intention. Young children have brilliant creativity coming from something. We value the ‘innocence of childhood’. iKON wants to be transparent”. They continued, “Our position in the K-Pop scene… We’re not being modest, but we just want to stay low. I feel like we’re still at a low spot “.

iKON will go through their most extreme transformation ever since debut. The members perfectly displayed ‘DARK&SEXY’ and ‘WILD&YOUNG’ concepts through pre-released teaser images and videos, capturing the hearts of fans. They will take off their image as ‘real-life boyfriends’ formed through their representative songs ‘MY TYPE’ and ‘LOVE SCENARIO’ for a while and reveal their unexpected masculine beauty.

The title song ‘KILLING ME’ attracts the listeners and viewers with its powerful and unexpected dance moves that progress along with sad lyrics and dynamic rhythm of the song. iKON will make their first attempt on a thrilling and sharp group dance.

There were questions on the choreography. SONG stated, “It was hard when we were learning the moves for ‘KILLING ME’ for the first time, but it was easier than ‘BLING BLING’ and ‘RHYTHM TA’. The dances were based on feelings, so they were difficult. The angles are already decided this time, so it was easier to fit in and fun to dance to”. B.I stated, “We’re preparing for the album and our concert this time, and we feel like DK made all the choreography”.

Lastly, the members stated, “Listeners in their 20s and 30s will feel empathy with our songs. If you focus on the title and listen, it will be easier to understand. The song will also be easy to change the lyrics. Please have fun while listening to our new songs”.

They continued, “Although we still lack, please show love and support our new album. We will always stay unchanged. We love you all”.



iKON Shares Thoughts On BIGBANG’s Military Service And BLACKPINK’s Success

In a recent interview, iKON talked about their fellow YG labelmates BIGBANG and BLACKPINK.

When asked if they feel any pressure to fill up the empty space that BIGBANG temporarily left due to serving in the military, B.I answered, “Rather than feeling pressure because they’re serving in the army or having the fear of ruining the paths they’ve created, we are making an effort to work hard and not show an embarrassing side of ourselves.”

Concerning BLACKPINK’s success, iKON praised the group, saying, “We think BLACKPINK’s activities are very amazing. We’re not very close to them, but they’re really cool and pretty.”



iKON’s Junhoe Shares Interesting Diet And Exercise Plan

iKON’s Junhoe recently revealed that he went on a diet to prepare for the group’s comeback.

At an interview held on August 2 for the release of iKON’s new mini album “New Kids: Continue,” Junhoe started off by introducing himself and stating, “I exercised hard and lost some weight for my new look.”

When asked about the reason for starting a diet, Junhoe revealed, “To be honest, I didn’t lose that much weight. I gained some weight during ‘Love Scenario’ [activities], so when I looked back [at that time] after losing some weight, I was a little embarrassed.” He continued truthfully, “I didn’t realize. We have schedules planned for all the broadcasts and the tour, but I want to take that in looking good. No matter how I’m captured [by cameras], I’d like if there weren’t any bad photos.”

He added, “I decreased my alcohol intake and exercised by a crazy amount. After exercising, I ate almonds and drank a cup of whiskey at night. When drinking whiskey, there’s a slimming effect. It’s true!”



iKON Talks About How Their Instagram Posts Used To Be Approved By Yang Hyun Suk

iKON spoke about the history behind their individual social media accounts.

The members opened their individual Instagram accounts in January. B.I said, “These days, it’s an era of advertising through social media,” and explained that YG founder Yang Hyun Suk had given them permission. “We intended to show fans our everyday lives and communicate with them through social media, and also use it to inform people about iKON.”

Yunhyeong added, “At first, we got permission from him before we posted. As time passed, we got used to it and didn’t make any mistakes, so he said to use it freely. I’m free to upload what I want to upload.”

iKON’s leader B.I currently doesn’t follow any of his members on Instagram. Jinhwan made the others laugh by joking, “I guess there’s a tradition amongst YG’s group leaders that their follower counts must be zero.”

B.I replied, “It’s not like that. If I follow one person, then I have to [follow] many people, and I thought that might happen, so I just didn’t do it at all.” The group’s leader then made everyone burst into laughter by apologizing to his members.




iKON's B.I Reveals Musical Driving Force

B.I of iKON revealed that his musical driving force is his childlike innocence, which inspired him to create the group’s mega hit “Love Scenario.”

“The song itself has a sad meaning, but I made the song with the heart of a child, with so much joy. I think that’s why the song was so popular among young listeners,” said the songwriter-artist during an interview for the group’s new album “New Kids: Continue” in Seoul on Thursday.

“Love Scenario,” the lead track off iKON’s second full-length album “New Kids: Return” released in January, has been making waves among kindergarteners and elementary school students due to its easy-to-follow melody and lyrics.

Expressing his gratitude for the song’s tremendous success, B.I continued, “My biggest inspiration in making music is that childlike innocence. I don’t want to lose that.”

He admitted that he had felt burdened over “Killing Me,” the groovy and dark lead track off the new album “New Kids: Continue,” but emphasized that he didn’t write the song aiming for success on the charts.

“I don’t expect anything with our new song. The process of making it, that’s what we value. We wish to stay as humble as we can, and remain as we are,” he said.




iKON Talks About Popularity Of “Love Scenario” And Impactful Words Of “Killing Me”

iKON recently spoke about the success of their past song “Love Scenario” and the impact of the words “killing me” that eventually influenced the title of their new song.

On August 2, iKON sat down for an interview ahead of the release of their new mini album “New Kids: Continue.”

The group first talked about their hit track “Love Scenario.” After maintaining their No. 1 spot on the real-time music charts for 43 days, iKON’s achievements did not stop there as the song began to gain further attention from kindergarten and elementary students in April.

Previously, iKON’s leader B.I had commented on this phenomena, but he stated again, “Apparently, the melody to ‘Love Scenario’ is similar to children’s songs. I wrote this song while having fun, so I think that itself included a childlike innocence to it. I worked on the song with a childlike mind, so I think young children were able to connect with that.”

Jinhwan commented, “I was contacted a lot by people who haven’t contacted me in years. I opened up our conversation, happy to see them again, and they’d send me videos of their younger siblings or cousins singing ‘Love Scenario.'” He continued, “I have a lot of friends I’ve reconnected with after years due to ‘Love Scenario.’ Because many people around me talked about it, I was able to really feel its popularity.”

The members were then asked if there were any changes after the popularity of “Love Scenario.”

Chanwoo revealed, “People asked if the company began to treat us any different. There wasn’t much of that, but because we became so busy, we started to ride three cars instead of two.”

Bobby replied, “My father started to play golf, so I bought him a lot of golf gear. He seems like he’s having fun, so as a son, I’m pleased.”

Yunhyeong added, “Following the success of ‘Love Scenario,’ I ate a meal with Yang Hyun Suk for the first time. He bought me something really tasty.”

The conversation then turned to one of their new track “Killing Me.” The interviewer commented that although most singers release intense songs for their summer comebacks, iKON released a softer sounding song.

B.I commented, “It has a lonely and solitary feeling, but rather than saying it’s dark, the beat itself is exciting, and it’s an cheerful song. I didn’t write the song thinking about the season, so I don’t dwell much on that. The lyrics talk of a breakup, but I was influenced a lot by the words ‘killing me.’ Those words are heavy, but people use it so lightly and often. We used it as the title for emphasis, so when people listen to it, they can relate, understand, and apply it more easily.”

B.I. in turn shared his thoughts of the title and said, “While practicing the choreography to the song, I said ‘I’m so tired I’ll die.’ When I thought about what I had just said, I realized many people say ‘I’ll die’ lightly and very often, so I was able to use that as inspiration as well.”

With “Killing Me,” the members of iKON also showed off a choreography with a high level of difficulty.

B.I commented, “From the choreographies that iKON have had to dance to, I think ‘Killing Me’ is the sharpest one. We worked hard for the choreography. Yang Hyun Suk told us, ‘You have to work hard for this concept.’ So through hard work, we’re trying to dance in unison as sharp as a knife.”

Donghyeok stated, “When the members first heard the song, we all decided that we’d have to first create a dance performance that matches the song and captures people’s attention with the intense point moves. We thought hard about it, and the difficulty of the dance just came as we naturally created the choreography.”




iKON On B.I As A Leader And Songwriter: “He Can Be A Little Scary”

In a recent interview with Busan.com, iKON talked about their latest comeback with “Killing Me” and what it’s like working with B.I, who’s not only a friend and member of the group, but their leader and a talented songwriter with main credits to many of iKON’s hits, including “Killing Me.”

Often listed next to B.I on song credits is Bobby, who, with B.I, has cultivated his songwriting talent from early on. For their latest mini album “New Kids: Continue,” however, Bobby was unable to participate in the writing of the title and sub-title tracks.

Asked if he was sad about not being able to join B.I for those songs, Bobby said, “As a member of the team, I respect and support what our leader says. Within a team, you can’t have a big ego. You have to put that kind of pride aside to see good results. I don’t feel sad or anything because I didn’t write lyrics on a song.”

The iKON members said that generally, they defer to what B.I says and follow his lead.

Yunhyeong said, “What B.I makes is usually pretty perfect, so as long as it’s not weird, we follow along.” Jinhwan said he does occasionally offer up ideas, but “whether or not those are accepted is up to the original writer (B.I). He’s always a perfectionist when recording or practicing choreography, so he can be a little scary sometimes.”

B.I said it’s out of necessity. “If I [give feedback] jokingly, the quality drops.”

But at the heart of everything is the desire to just have fun, said B.I. “We always try to uphold a young and free image. We’re all children, and we want to stay that way.”


When preparing for a comeback, B.I said, “We always make an effort to not feel pressured. For this album, we don’t want much; we just want things to be the way they always were, because nothing’s forever.” He added, “Rather than the results, we think it’s enough if we had fun making the album.”

Some recurring contents omitted. Source : YG Life, Soompi, Korea Herald 1 2 3 4 5 6 7




The Words That iKON Wants To Hear Most is "Oh, They're iKON"






trans cr. @ikonmypride
source https://twitter.com/ikonmypride/status/1027175377452449792

No comments:

Post a Comment