BOBBY for Arena Korea (November 2016 Edition)
















Interview Trans by @ikonmypride

ARENA HOMME (November 2016):

Q: Not long ago, you've participated in a program where you went on a trip with your father. The story about your father, you and your elder brother having gone to get the same tattoo together left the greatest impression. If you were to get another tattoo now, where (which part of your body) would you have it done on, and what kind of tattoo would you like to have?
Bobby: I have an idea. Doesn't everyone have moles or scars? (My idea is) to put that to good use and have a cute drawing drawn over it. It's a scar which is unique to only me. Furthermore, with a cute drawing drawn over it, a scar which I dislike seeing would become a lovely sight too.
Q: Speaking of your father, he's really awesome. It's not easy to get along with one's son like how friends do, but he looked cool treating his sons freely (i.e. easy-going) on a basis of equal footing.
Bobby: Our dad is really cool. Our dad had a different dream/ambition which he wanted to achieve originally, yet he chose his family (over that). He was an artist, but with that, he couldn't earn much money, so for the sake of his family, he took on the responsibility and worked till the point where he got injured. I don't think I would have been able to do that if I were him.
Q: But didn't you come to Korea to make music diligently and earn money because of your family too?
Bobby: Of course. Even though it's my dream too, I wish to bring happiness to my family with this dream (of mine).
Q: Then you have a sense of responsibility too, just like your father.
Bobby: Ah, is that so? So l'm cool too? Haha.
Q What do you think about a lot recently? (It seems like) lyrics would vary according to your thoughts.
Bobby: At the beginning, I got started on rap as I wanted to convey positive energy (to people). However, according to the situation, the topic for the lyrics which I have to write about becomes very different. I'm attracted to such things nowadays. Um, anyone has his/her own difficult times in life, isnt it? It's like, when things don't turn out the way you wanted, you would have thoughts like 'this is tough'. I want to draw out those feelings slightly further. Originally, my character is such that, when I'm having a tough time, I would think that, as much as it's tough, things will be okay/get better as I live on. However recently it's becoming that I want to think deeper and take a closer look at why I'm finding it tough. I do a lot of brainstorming, where I would recall a word, jot down the associated words and from there, write lyrics.
Q: What does Bobby think about the image of hip hop?
Bobby: It's not simply only the music; I think of it as a huge culture. Fashion dance and rap (are included) too. In some ways they're rough. The pursuit of a cool attitude where one doesn't mind about how others look at him/her; I think that's hip hop. Being straightforward (/having no pretences). Showing oneself as how he/she is. That's what I think about the image of hip hop.
Q: The Bobby who's captured in the posters during today's filming is that also one (part) of your usual self?
Bobby: I'm not sure of that yet. Firstly, now I'm at the phase where I look at the models in posters and imitate their poses. So far, it's still difficult for me to perfectly immerse myself into the feelings when having photos taken. Having such photoshoots is very fun/interesting as I get to discover different sides of myself.
Q: If you get to work with legendary figures, who are the musician(s) that would come to your mind first?
Bobby: l've said it a lot here and there before; it's Dynamic Duo. I got started on rap because of them. I really respect Yoon Mirae sunbaenim too.
Q: Since you've said it here and there, Dynamic Duo and Yoon Mirae must have known about how much you want to work with them?
Bobby: I've even gotten their phone numbers. As Yoon Mirae sunbaenim had even told me to feel free to contact her anytime, now I'Il just have to find a chance for us to work together. I'II work really hard on making songs and I REALLY want to work with them.
Q: The word 'swag' is being said a lot these days. What does Bobby think about 'swag'? Is it like the "swag' (which means 'very cool and attractive') that's commonly mentioned?
Bobby: When you think something is very cool/awesome, say "swag~" with your chin slightly raised and that'll do.
Q: How would Bobby be like in his thirties? Will you have (as much) 'swag~' like you do now?
Bobby: When I look at Teddy hyung, I feel that he's full of swag. That hyung is really cool. (Because) he's still having dreams/ambitions and doing what he wants to do. However, whether a person in his/her thirties pursuing his/her dreams is cool or a person meeting someone whom he/ she truly loves, getting married and building a family is cooler; I'm not sure about that. I guess I'II know the answer as I live on.
Q: You've formed a unit called 'MOBB' with WINNER's Song Minho. As a unit, you've released two songs, and a solo track individually. You've mentioned that there are many shortlisted songs (which weren't included in the album)?
Bobby: Of course it's great to have been able to release four songs under our name(s), yet it's also a pity that we could only release four songs. Besides exciting/lively songs like the tracks which we have released, there are also gentle songs which tells of pure love stories. It's a pity that we weren't able to present that to everyone.
Q: Your solo track has finally been released. There's a lot that you want to show, and your mental preparation seems to be different (from others')?
Bobby: Be it music or fashion, no matter what it is, I wanted to show (others) the side of me which I like and want to see. I didn't want to worry about how others would look at it; I wanted to make music which I myself would be satisfied with. l'm happy and proud that those thoughts seem to have been reflected (in my works)
Source via mischievous

No comments:

Post a Comment