SONG YUNHYEONG for Dazed Korea (June 2017 Edition)

SONG YUNHYEONG for Dazed Korea (June 2017 Edition)

scan cr. MAYOHAZA


Interview Trans by @ikonmypride



















Interview Trans by @ikonmypride


Q. You wore shorts for the photoshoot.
[YH] I've never thought that my legs are pretty so I rarely wear shorts. Having actually worn it, I like it more than I'd thought I would. I enjoyed it as even I could see an unfamiliar side of myself that has a different colour/character to it. I'm thinking of trying it (wearing shorts) this summer. 

Q. It's been slightly more than a year since you've met .
[YH] Time passes really quickly. As compared to now, I was younger, lacking, and naive (more of, lacking experience or knowledge) back then. 
There are many people who are curious about how iKON had been doing in the past 1 year. We had a hiatus in Korea but we didn't rest and had been diligently working. We focused on our Asia Tour, including Japan. All of the preparations made for greeting our Korean fans again are done. We're thankful to our fans who have waited for a long time. 

Q. There must have been many changes over the period of 1 year.
[YH] My hairstyle has changed {laughs}. I've always wanted to change it but I couldn't try as I was scared, until recently where I made up my mind and bleached my hair. I'm glad that the reactions from people around me were good. At the start of debut, everything was new and novel (to me). There were many things that I couldn't take care of, couldn't see/notice, and have missed due to my nervousness. Now I'm able to have my own thoughts (about all those). I think I'll be able to get a little closer to our fans. 

Q. I heard that when one's too nervous, he/she can't see anything when looking at the audience's seats, is that true?
[YH] Yes. That's right. Now I can see the faces of our fans at the audience's seats when I stand on stage.

Q. iKON is a team where the members are strongly attached to one another (tn: like, they're almost always stuck together lol). How do you feel having a photoshoot by yourself like this?
[YH] I usually have a huge interest in trying out new styles. In the case of a pictorial photoshoot, it's fun/interesting as I'm able to, as much as I like, try out clothes which I don't usually get to wear. While the atmosphere and balance of the entire group have to be considered when filming with the members, today I was able to do at ease all the things that I've wanted to do.

Q. You look very natural and confident in front of the camera. It's good to see that.
[YH] Thank you. There seems to be such a spell (~magic~). One has to show that he/she is well-suited, trusting, confident and fun/interesting during the photoshoot, then will the results be good too. 

Q. You're known as the so-called 'lip balm fairy'. If that's the case, is it (lip balm) a necessity for you even in summer where it's not (a) dry (season)?
[YH] {takes out a lip balm from his pants' pocket and shows it (to the interviewer)}
I have it with me now too. I only use this cherry scented lip balm, and although I use it because my lips get dry, I also use it for beauty purposes. I'm the type with pale coloured lips, and this product gives (the lips) a reddish grease (tn: sorry for the lack of a better word ><). It's used in (all) 4 seasons {laughs}.

Q. Though some light was shed on it previously, the release of your (iKON's) new album is drawing near. I'm curious about it.
[YH] In the previous album, we mainly showed the cute, lively side of us. In this album, we'll prepare to let you see a more earnest, manly side of us. We plan to show you a more mature side of us. 

Q. Apart from music, it seems like (going on) variety (programs) is necessary these days. Are there any programs you want to appear in?
[YH] I've always had a huge interest in cooking. I like cooking for the members often and receiving feedback (evaluation) from them. But there's a limit to what I can do on my own. I enjoy watching the program in which Mr Baek Jongwon teaches the recipe and you can have a meal together. It seems like a blissful program where you can learn cooking and eat delicious food. 

Q. Your face lit up at the talk about food.
[YH] Wouldn't you feel better when you eat something delicious? It's a bliss to cook for someone, and I also enjoy looking for places with delicious food. 

Q. It's already June. 
[YH] I've missed our fans in Korea. I want to strive to concentrate on the activities in Korea for the rest of the year. I'll be really happy too, if our fans like it. 

Q. Starting with Yunhyeong-ssi, readers will meet a member of iKON through every month. This is something special.
[YH] Isn't the first impression important for everything? I'm honoured to be the first runner (tn: figuratively; since iKON members are taking turns to be featured) for the photoshoot. I only hope that our fans would like it. (👈 tn: I can't convey this well enough in English but based on the words he had used, he said it in a very earnest tone ;-;) Our members are also good at it by nature so I'm not worried.


No comments:

Post a Comment