BOBBY & B.I for High Cut Korea (Vol.139 December 2014 Edition)














Digital Ver.









Interview Trans by Eun

Mix and Match has ended, congratulate on your upcoming debut.

B.I: Went through so many things over a long period of time, being able to finally debut, i’m really excited and looking forward to it. I can’t wait to experience new stuffs but at the same time i felt that i am still only a trainee.

Bobby: Joy has increased. The long preparations time doesn’t feel debut is real yet. I’m curious what will change when debut comes.

Q: When did you dream of becoming a singer/an idol? What kind of effort did you put in before becoming a trainee?

B.I: Initially, i only wanted to be a rapper. I was only grade 6 in elementary school back then. From then on, i kept listening to song, writing lyrics. I did the things that i like so it felt very interesting. 

Bobby: When i was in America, together with my hip hop friends, we wrote lyrics and rap together. I happen to heard that YG entertainment is holding an audition so i went for it.

Q: To what I’ve understood. Both of your trainee period is very long. Which part is the toughest? What is the thing that shape B.I and Bobby till today?

Bobby: Leaving my parents at a young age. I felt very pain and lonely. Hanbin and Jinhwan-hyung is the one that shape the me now. They help me to overcome/defeat YG’s difficult guidance.
B.I: Being defeated in “WIN”. I felt terrible and my heart aches a lot. Thanks to those time, I became who I am today. Experiencing defeat in “WIN” is also a form of medicine.  

Q: iKON being as guest and did opening for Bigbang’s japan dome tour. How does it feels like standing in front of 40k audience?

B.I: Doesn’t matter if the stage is big or small or the number of attendees. Just the fact that I’m able to stand on a stage brings happiness. I wasn’t able to hide my happiness. Because of stage like this, I dream of becoming a singer.

Bobby: After we finish our opening stage for Bigbang’s, we went to watch Bigbang’s seniors performance. I was really envious of it. I wonder what is the feeling like to be able to stand on stage like this in future. My dream grew a little bigger.

Q: Let's talk about your first impression of each other. Which side do you think each other has changes the most?

Bobby: We speak in honorifics in our first meeting. He is very strong-willed. Even though he’s younger than me, I feel that he’s very scary. *laughs*. His strong-willed still exist and his proposition is very clear.

B.I: In our first meeting, I’m really curious what kind of docile looking person is he. He doesn’t reveal himself. During this period of time, he slowly starts to joke around. If I were to describe it, “a neighbourhood fool”. *laughs*

Q: What do you chat about in iKON’s group chat room? Which members talk the most and the least?

B.I: Even though we have a chat room, it’s not active. No one talks in it. *laughs* Occasionally we post some funny picture. Its because we are always by each other side.

Bobby: Except for B.I, he only read but never replies. He only says the things that he want to say. *laughs*

Q: How do you find YG’s system? Does it match with your music color?

B.I: Its very compatible with mine. YG is a hip hop based company. It suit my music style. It helps and allows me to do that kind of music I want.

Bobby: The system is perfect. It helps us to achieve the kind of music that we want. I entered YG 4 years already. Therefore, I accumulate some musical knowledge and my dream grew bigger.

Q: Isn’t evitable to compete against WINNER who is under the same company as you? Especially when both are of different style. Do you have the confidence to surpass WINNER?

Bobby: Instead of thinking “will we win against them?” We will compete against with each other, not those unhealthy competition but of good-willed.

B.I: WINNER’s hyungs’ skills is very strong. We need to work harder. To us, it’s a healthy driving force.

Q: Who is the most famous in your contact lists?

B.I: Psy hyung. We contact occasionally because of music. He is very cordial to me.

Bobby: Teddy hyung. Actually, I’m afraid to contact him. *laughs* If we were to meet, he treats me really good and guide me well.

Q: iKON has 7 members now. If, you are allowed to add another YG’s artist, who would you choose?

B.I: YG sajangnim. If YG were to join, doesn’t it means we will be able to debut faster? *laughs* Can’t wait to debut.

Bobby: Teddy hyung. Hyung knows how to write songs and knows about trends. If he were to join our group, I am able to improve more.

Q: Been a trainee in YG for more than years. Is there an injunction of “no dating allow” applied on you?

B.I: Have. Don’t know how long will it last (no dating rule). Because we are trainees who have yet to debut, we have to continue and persevere. The past 4 years has already passed *laughs*

Bobby: Even though I am lonely. I have to endure it. *laughs*

Q: Is there any musician that you respect or anyone that you look up to?

Bobby: Michael Jackson. My father is also a fan of Michael Jackson. To look at it now, he is indeed a extraordinary artist. He created an era, worthy respecting.

B.I: Michael Jackson. He is the most famous and he’s legendary.  

Q: The final stage of Mix & Match is B.I’s birthday. Once the performance ended, members gave you’re a surprise party. Is there any interesting that happen that day?

B.I: I also wish that there will be interesting things. There is shoot when performance ended so I immediately went to bed. During the shoot of the sleeping scenes, I really did sleep. Was supposed to have a party with members. We have been together for 4 years and become obtuse to one another. *laughs*

Q: Bobby said before if he become the winner in Show Me The Money, he will bring his family over to Korea. Are you staying with your parents now?

Bobby: I had a sincere talk to my mother. My goal is to bring them over either next year or 2016. Right now, my family is in America.

Q: Senior Mithra from Epik High said he’s envy of B.I’s talents. Have you met him after that?

B.I: Hadn’t met him personally/in private yet. We only managed to greet each other. Even though he didn’t give me any advices, he treats me really good.

Bobby: Even in the same team as B.I, I’ve also envy of his talents. I’m very thankful to B.I for his selfless dedication to the team.

Q: B.I isn’t the oldest but he’s the leader. Is there any difficulties leading the team?

B.I: Hyungs are all very kind-hearted. When I get angry or impatient, they accept it. Same for the dongsaengs. So there’s no difficulties leading the team. In fact, they help me out a lot. 


*Trans may not be accurate/take out with credits*

Source: http://staywithhanbin.com/post/107984125234/bobby-and-bi-interview-in-high-cut

No comments:

Post a Comment