iKON for High Cut Korea (Vol. 152 June 2015 Edition)

iKON for High Cut Korea (Vol. 152 June 2015 Edition)













































making film & digital magazine ver. 









[HIGH CUT VOL.152- INTERVIEW]
Although it’s before their debut, it has already been 3 years that iKON has stood in front of the public. Started as Team B in 2013 Survival Program WIN: Who Is Next, they ran into jungle of fierce competition. Although they lost in this competition, they had chance in the next year. In Mix and Match, they who had the chance to debut went through competition once again. So the present seven boys survived. Because they were raised strongly, even when they’re still known as trainees, their experiences are impressive. In SMTM 3, Bobby beat rappers and won the trophy. B.I participated in working on Winner’s Empty and became the songwriter of the first place song. When you go out on the streets, there are already several fans who recognise their faces and the voices waiting for their first album is hot. An interview with Leader B.I, Mat-hyung(Eldest brother) Jinhwan, qualified rapper Bobby, Song Yunhyeong in charge of the visual, Kim Donghyuk and Goo Junhoe in charge of singing and maknae(the youngest) Jung Chanwoo.

Q: Members were chosen and changed in front of the whole nation watching. What was the first impression of the members that you saw in the competition?

B.I: Since the first time I saw Jinhwan hyung, I already thought ‘We’ll be in the same team.’ It was obvious that he was going to be a kind hyung. I had a feeling that Junhoe will be stubborn. Haha. I thought Yunhyeong hyung was really handsome.

JUNHOE: At first, Donghyuk left a strong impression because I thought he was always the opposite of me.

DONGHYUK: B.I and Bobby hyung were playful and funny and their chemistry was good.

CHANWOO: When I first came to YG and when everything was unfamiliar, Donghyuk really took good care of me. I’m still really thankful.

Q: Since 2013, you’ve been through competition by competition. Have you ever been tired or regretted on things to be done to become iKON?

B.I: I absolutely have no regrets.

DONGHYUK: Sometimes long trainee days are tough. But I don’t know if it’s because I think that my preparation is insufficient than other members, I want to prepare hard and show a great image.

Q: Since when did you have a dream of wanting to become a singer? Is that dream coming true?

B.I: Before 6th grade, my dream changed once every 2 days. My parents said if my dream doesn’t change for a year then they’ll help me with that dream and that was becoming a rapper. To see that my dream did come true, I think I was lucky.

CHANWOO: Starting from elementary, I only did acting and I had interest in becoming a singer. I went to Bigbang sunbaenims concert and I actually didn’t think I’d join YG so when I did my audition and I got in, I was sure of my dream as a singer.

Q: Express the feeling of when debut is confirmed with the name iKON in one word.

B.I: When the debut date is confirmed, I think I’ll cry.

BOBBY: Bring it on.

Q: It had been revealed that the members actively participate in making songs. Where do you get inspired musically from?

B.I: Real life experiences are the best but because I don’t have much experience, I get inspiration from dramas, movies, poems, etc. I also imagine by myself.

Q: It’s very hard to release the debut album. I think YG has a lot of concerns internally. For what kind of music is this preparation for?

B.I: Definitely good music. I like dancing so I’m always thinking of what performance to show with the song.

Q: With debut ahead, what’s your determination?

B.I: I want to become a person who doesn't change even after debut.

DONGHYUK: I think we’ll be able to show why Iit took so long for us to debut through our stage.

JINHWAN: I’ll show us continuously developing constantly.

Q: What is the image that members dream of in 10 years? What adult or singer will you all become.

CHANWOO: When I see Sajangnim, he has a lot of people around him so it makes me think that he’s an even cooler person, I hope I’ll have a lot of people around me as well.

B.I: I want to do a lot of performances. I think concerts will be a lot of fun. Personally, I want to work on songs and go around the world.

BOBBY: I want to make a harmonious family. In 10 years time, I hope I’ll be with my family.

YUNHYEONG: Even then, I want to be on stage with them. Even when we debut and our popularity increases, I hope we can still get along well.

JUNHOE: As a man, I hope I can be a cool guy. I hope I can have that maturity and deep aura that comes as I grow older.

DONGHYUK: Even after 10 years, I hope we can build our own hiding place an work a lot on songs and have fun together. Just like now.

JINHWAN: Like Michael Jackson or The Beatles, I hope we’ll be able to become the icon like our group name.

TRANS © KIMJ1WON
via iKON GLOBAL

No comments:

Post a Comment