iKON on 4 Issues Jelly Magazine (Dec. 2016 to Mar. 2017)


JELLY MAGAZINE (JP)
DECEMBER 2016 ISSUE













[#ikon #jelly1612] Trans by Shino

When did you two meet?

BI: 6 years ago. We met as trainees. My first impression of Bobby...... I don’t actually remember (laughs). I mean, it was 6 years ago.
BB: We’ve spent pretty much every day of the past 6 years together, huh.
BI: Bobby hasn’t changed much, right?
BB: We’re aaalways watching each other so I think we’re the least likely to know how the other’s changed (laughs)! I don’t really think B.I had changed much.

What do you respect about each other?

BI: The fact that Bobby is powerful and has a strong sense of individuality. His performances on stage have an amazing impact, and his husky voice is unlike any other so it’s awesome!
BB: Thank you (shy).
BB: His exceptional sense for composing & writing lyrics. I think all his songs have lyrics anyone can relate to, and the melodies are cool too. He’s also great at teaching others. And charismatic!
BI: (nods in agreement)

According to the top 2 members, which member has caught your attention?

BI: Yunhyeong for me. Everything about him is getting way cooler.
BB: His gags are funny too. If I tell you what kind of jokes he says, it would be dangerous so they’re a secret (laughs).
BI: If we didn’t have Yunhyeong anymore, you’d notice it immediately; his presence lately has really been felt. He’s the most passionate member (laughs).
BB: I’ve got my eye on Chanwoo! Chanwoo is funny lately too, and he practices so much. Seeing him better able to have fun with the crowd onstage is promising!

Secretly tell us each other’s true faces that the fans don’t know!

BB: Fans might think B.I is a charismatic leader based on what you see on TV and in performances, but he’s actually a bit of a bad boy who plays a lot of pranks.
BB: He tells jokes, he touches the members. B.I in particular does a lot of skinship (laughs).
BI: I don’t touch you guys (bitter laugh).
BI: Bobby’s secret is that he has a little lump on the back of his head.
BB: (he lifts up his hair to show us) This lump is my little friend (laughs). You’ve shared an amazing secret (laughs).
BB: B.I is also good at history. He can actually (?) study (laughs).


all about #hanbin

“iKON is my everything. iKON is here so I am here. There isn’t anything else I can do other than iKON.”



all about #bobby

“We’ve overcome hard times together, and I think we’ll always be together, so the members are like my second family.”





================


JELLY MAGAZINE (JP)
JANUARY 2017 ISSUE







[#ikon #jelly1701] Trans by Shino

You two are so close that fans call you junhwan, but what made you get so close?

JH: We actually aren’t close at all!
JN: (surprised)! Yeah. Not at all.
JH: And that was a joke (laughs). The way we live is similar.
JH: We both stay up late, we go to cafes at the same time... And we both listen to music kinda loud.

Do you do things together other than work?

JH: We watch movies at the dorm, just the two of us.
JN: We both like movies. We watch romantic love stories more than action films.
JH: We watched Natalie Portman’s “Closer” together.

What do you think is most appealing about each other?

JH: June’s charm is of course his manliness, but he’s actually a bit feminine. He’s kind and sensitive.
JN: I cant know myself if I’m sensitive, but kind is 100% true (firm)!
JH: He’s also really warm-hearted. Sometimes he cries by himself.
JN: A little while ago when it was really, really rough, I cried by myself on my bed...... (shy laugh)
JH: Don’t cry alone~
JN: If there’s something I’m worried about, I usually talk it out with Jinhwan. Since he’s the easiest member to talk to.
JH: Okay now what are my charms? Be nice (laughs).
JN: He’s really loved by everyone. That’s his greatest charm!

If the two of you were to travel Japan together, where would you go?

JH: I don’t know if June will agree with me, but I want to go to Okinawa the most. I heard it’s similar to Jeju, where I’m from, so I want to go.
JN: Okinawa, nice! I wanna have fun in Tokyo.


all about #jinhwan

“To me iKON are lifelong friends that are closer to me than my family.”



all about #junhoe

“When I’m with the members, I can relax, so they’re like a comfortable pillow.”







==================


JELLY MAGAZINE (JP)
FEBRUARY 2017 ISSUE










[#ikon #jelly1702] Trans by Shino

Are BI, Bobby, and Jinhwan strict?

CW: We had a shoot earlier, and I messed up the choreo so Jinhwan got mad at me.
YH: He gets mad if we do something bad, but he’s usually really nice.
DK: He’s strict about not doing greetings and manners and stuff.

Donghyuk is called “Candy-chan,” right? Tell us his candy-like points!

DK: buha (shy laugh)
YH: I think of him as Candy-chan when he’s laughing (laughs). His smile has vitamin power~
CW: He’s su~per sweet and cute when he’s sleeping (laughs).
CW: Blanket pulled up to his shoulders, only his lil head poking out. I thought, “Ah! Candy-chan!”
DK: I dunno what’s sweet about myself~ (shy)

Chanwoo has been called cheeky as a joke by the members, but what do you two think?

YH: He isn’t cheeky, but he always messes with the hyungs and is a bit of a bad boy despite being magnae. I bet Bobby saw that and was like “cheeky” (laughs).
DK: Chanwoo is a funny dongsaeng! He has a good head for jokes so he’s fun to be around. Though soooometimes he does go too far (laughs).

Yunhyeong is good at cooking. Have you been cooking lately?

YH: I’ve been too busy to cook much lately.
DK&CW: It’s a shame because his cooking is super good so we’re always looking forward to it.
YH: All the members like choux cream, and the choux cream bread we got at a Japanese convenience store was super good. BI’s been really into it. I’m thinking of making some myself (laughs).

all about #donghyuk

“There’s no other word to express what the members are to me other than family.”


all about #chanwoo

“iKON to me is the place where I belong.”


all about #yunhyeong

“Since I first met them on April 18, 2013, we’ve always worked hard together for our dreams. We’re as close as a real family.”

correction: *1995 not 1998







====================
JELLY MAGAZINE (JP)
MARCH 2017 ISSUE












[#ikon #jelly1703] Trans by Shino

What would iKON’s catchphrase be?

CW: Zoo, probably?
BI: Yeah. The members are all animals with different personalities.
YH: Plus when people go to the zoo, they can have fun, right?
JH: That’s why you’ll have fun if you come see us live!

Who would be in the predator area with the lions and tigers?

DH: Jinhwan!
YH: Because he’s a giant (laughs).
BB: Jinhwan, Chanwoo, B.I, and June would be there.
CW: Yunhyeong is a weasel! So he’d be in the cute animal area.
BB: I’m a sloth so I’d be in the herbivore area, and Donghyuk is a hippo so he’d be with me too.
JN: B.I is King Kong so he’d be with the gorillas, right?
All: Exactly (laugh)!
BI: I’m not King Kong; I’m a cute monkey...... (subdued)
JN: I’m a wolf!

Come up with an individual catchphrase!

Bobby: Sloth

JN: Bobby is a sloth (laughs).
BB: Sloths are my absolute favorite animal ♪
JH: And he’s actually a really lazy person in real life (laughs).
BB: 100% correct (laughs) ☻

Donghyuk: Killer smile

CW: It’s impossible to express all of his charms in one word.
BI: Since he has so many!
JH: Kabe-dong! (t/n: pun on kabedon)
CW: Nah, I’ll go with killer smile!
DH: Thank you (shy).


Hanbin: Monkey B.I

YH: B.I is monkey B.I (laughs).
JH: Sarubia for short! (t/n: it means sage in jp/kr)
All: (hysterical laughter)
JN: A monkey in the onsen (laughs).

Jinhwan: Little giant

BI: Jinhwan is little giant.
All: Ahh~ (agreement)
JH: Attack on Titan! (t/n: giant is kyojin)

Chanwoo: Prince of gaming

BB: Gaming king! He’s the best at games.
JH: King game (laughs). (t/n: an actual party game)
JN: That’s DIFFERENT! (laughs)

Yunhyeong: Chef

DH: Yunhyeong is iKON’s chef. He’s good at cooking.
CW: He’s always making us delicious food!

June: Wolf man

YH: Overlseeping June (laughs).
JH: June is.....
JN: Mine’s devil, right~?
JH: I guess you can be that (laughs). What about wolf man?
BB: That sounds awesome (laughs).

Is there anything about the lives of people around your age that you're jealous of?

BB: I want to date ♡
BI: I want to go to school.
DH: I also want to go to school and experience life on campus (laughs).
YH: I want to go a place where lots of people go.
CW: Mine's similar to Yunhyeong's, but I really, really want to do things during the day. I usually work during the day, so most of the time I do things at night.
JH: I want to go on a long trip. Like to Europe or something.
JN: Oh, traveling sounds good. I wanna go on like a two-week trip and travel around Europe by train.
JN: I also wanna visit the Grand Canyon! And just like meet my friends like normal people.
BB: Well, why don't you two go together?
JN: That's...(laughs)
JH: I'll go by myself!

We've heard that B.I is strict when it comes to work, but what is he normally like?

JH: He does a lot of skinship~
YH: He touches our butts during concerts.
CW: If you're near him, he touches everyone (laughs).
JH: He touches our hands too. It seems like B.I needs more love from the members. You're lonely, right?
BI: No!

Why do you touch them?

BI: I don't (unconcerned look).
All: (laugh)
BB: Is it possible that you're not aware you're touching us?
BI: No, I am (shy).
BB: B.I is actually kind, and he's the purest out of all of us, and he's really sensitive.
CW: And he writes lyrics, so he's got a romantic side too.
BI: Yep, that's me!

Who do you think is the most attractive member?

B.I→Yunhyeong
Yunhyeong→Bobby
Donghyuk→June
Chanwoo→Bobby
Bobby→Yunhyeong
June→Donghyuk
Jinhwan→Jinhwan

BB: Yunhyeong never shies away from improving himself. No one can beat him when it comes to passion.
BI: I picked him for the same reason~
YH: Bobby used to be too excited and wild on stage so he was sometimes reckless (laughs), but now he knows how to control himself better. I think he looks cool now.
CW: I also think Bobby is cool when he’s working. If he was tired, it used to show on his face sometimes, but nowadays he’s always more with it, so I want to be like him.
BB: Yay~!! Thanks!

Jinhwan, why did you choose yourself?

JH: Cuz I didn’t think anyone would pick me (laughs).
DH: No, Jinhwan, you’re cool!
BB: Hey I pointed at him. Nah, just kidding (laughs).

Who do you think is the most attractive member?

JN: I picked Donghyuk because he’s gotten really good at dancing!
DH: I’m jealous of June’s powerful voice. I think my voice would change if I tried to imitate him (laughs).
JH: I like Donghyuk’s voice too!
DH: Thank you (laughs).

Who’s the most popular with girls?

Yunhyeong→Yunhyeong
Donghyuk→B.I
Chanwoo→Bobby
Bobby→Chanwoo
Jinhwan→Yunhyeong
June→June
B.I→Yunhyeong

YH: I’M the most popular with girls (laughs)!
JH: It’s because he’s hot! That’s the only reason!!
YH: Ahahaha (laughs)
BI: He’s nice to girls and well-mannered.
BB: Chanwoo, he’s cute and delicate, and I think he’s sincere, and he’s tall, and he’s cool. If I were a girl, I’d want to date him!
All: Hyuuuu!!! lmao
JH: Just date already!
JN: No one would stop you~ (laughs)


The members expose each other’s true selves!

The other side of B.I

JH: His image as a charismatic leader is strong, but he’s also got a mischievous side.
DH: He’s incredibly stubborn and obstinate.

The other side of Bobby

CW: The positions he’s in while sleeping are crazy.
JN: His sleeptalking is funny. What he says is a secret (laughs).

The other side of Jinhwan

YH: He’s been really into games lately, so he plays them a lot when he has free time.
BB: He has great leadership skills and is dependable!

The other side of June

DH: He seems like he does things based on his whims, but if you look at him closely, he’s really attentive.
YH: June always bullies me!!

The other side of Yunhyeong

CW: He’s cute when he looks confused when things don’t go how he planned.
BI: He’s nice but stubborn. Sometimes obstinate.

The other side of Donghyuk

JH: Dongdong’s butt is small and cute.

The other side of Chanwoo

BB: He’s extremely polite, but he’s also got a moody side (laughs).
BI: He likes baseball and often watches matches recorded on TV.


Source: https://twitter.com/hinazashi/status/1008290774797021184

No comments:

Post a Comment