BOBBY for Glitter & Smart & Rudo (Japan) 2018 Edition


BOBBY FOR GLITTER MAGAZINE 
(January 2018 Edition)

scan cr. vvvvvvvikinggggggg


Interview Trans by @hinazashi









Interview Trans by @hinazashi

how do you feel about your first solo debut?

bobby: i feel so blessed to have received this opportunity! since i was first in the group to go solo, i felt like i had to do it right, like i had to do my best... but more than anything i decided to have fun!


was going solo sth you've thought about previously?

bobby: i've thought for a while that i could do it someday, & i was a unit with mino, but since you're completely alone for a solo project, i wanted to be more like myself for this than when i did the unit

was going solo sth you've thought about previously?

bobby: for this project i went with more romantic and like softer stuff rather than a strong image. i want you guys to listen and tell me what you think!

you rap so quickly it would be difficult even for jp ppl, but what was hard about the jp versions?

bobby: pronunciation! i only listened to jp and sang--practiced that way over and over

do you look at what ppl are saying about your songs on sns?

bobby: yes. i check sns a lot. i actually read a lot of critical reviews. i check what negative opinions point out more than ones that praise me, & whatever i can fix about myself i strive to fix!

i see. so you're tough on yourself too.

bobby: yes. i want to be as perfect as i can, so.......

you sang with your eyes closed, but what were you thinking about?

bobby: "runaway" is actually about me, or like it's my song, so while thinking about how being able to sing it means i'm happy, i concentrate & sing. i guess i closed them w/o thinking? lol

what are your honest feelings on having your album featured in billboard magazine?

bobby: anyone would be thankful if ppl were interested in their music, but for my work to be included in an international music magazine, i feel extremely blessed

we think you'll have a lot of solo activities in japan from now on, but what would you like to try?

bobby: first of all i'd like to do solo shows. i don't care where! big place, small place, whatever....... i'd be really happy to do a solo show

which member was your biggest support when making your album?

bobby: all the members of course, but jinhwan and donghyuk really supported me a lot. when my album was released, chanwoo gave me a bouquet of pink flowers so i was really happy. he's so cute lol

which member was your biggest support when making your album?

bobby: when i was making the songs, i'd always ask the members what they thought even when i wasn't done. but jinhwan is especially critical so when he said sth was good, i felt good about it too

what do you think about girls with fashion like in glitter?

bobby: i prefer jeans to skirts so i think girls who dress boyishly are amazing. comfort is my fashion policy so i like oversized stuff. i guess i'm usually in street sorta stuff

we thought your jp in the mcs was great. how'd you study?

bobby: usually june is working hard to study jp and i'm just sitting next to him & listening lol. he's in charge of being good at jp! i just like throw in stuff i've heard before and adlib......

you did a japan tour this year. what place left an impression on you?

bobby: i could really feel the energy in osaka. but what really left an impression on me more than any region was the inside of the venues! i always think the fans' reactions are amazing!

you did a japan tour this year. what place left an impression on you?

bobby: but what i still can't believe to this day is that even though our languages and cultures are different, we can still understand each other through music. i'm so happy about that

what do you think of fans cosplaying as members at the jp cons?

bobby: i was really surprised! it was like looking at a mirror lol

do you have any favorite jp foods?

bobby: it's not jp but the mexican i had today was really good lol! i like mexican in korea and japan. there aren't a lot of places to get the real deal in korea, so what i had in japan was delicious

it's been  exactly 1 year since we featured ikon, but we thought your expressions were amazing! what's your secret?

bobby: in order to make expressions, or like, what i'm conscious of when shooting is i think of people i admire like mj or tupac and then try

what's your secret?

bobby: to make sure that only my expressions come out. since i think it's really important to work hard to get close to the people i admire or like my own goals

Source: https://twitter.com/hinazashi/status/939304072603144192







========================
BOBBY FOR SMART MAGAZINE 
(February 2018 Edition)






[TRANS] BOBBY FOR SMART (1802)
The rapper you should be paying attention to the most has made his first appearance!

We analyze all of his charms

BOBBY [from iKON]


Bobby, who has proved his skill by winning a Korean rap survival program, makes his first appearance!

He is a rapper in iKON, Big Bang’s successors and monster group of the next generation

Glean the secrets on how to become a confident man from Bobby’s style


profile

Bobby / Korean debut in 2015. Skilled rapper in 7-member boy group iKON, who have among their awards one from the 31st Golden Disk Awards and the Rookie Award at last year’s 58th Japan Record Awards. This winter, he was the first in the group to make his solo debut.

Being cool isn’t decided by looks

I want people to see the real me

Theme:
My Body

What I’m proud of are my arms and abs, I guess. I’m not as confident in my chest, but I’m focusing on training it up now. I think it’s more effective to go the gym for muscle training rather than doing it at home. Going to the gym sucks, but if you make it a habit, your body will change!

Theme:
Style

I like comfortable styles, like hoodies and stuff. I like accessories too, so I wear like chains and keychains and stuff. I think it’s more important to find a style that fits you rather than go with what’s in right now.

Theme:
Love

Be confident when you’re with girls! They aren’t interested in nervous guys. Have courage and confidence, and just go up and talk to them without thinking too much. She’s human just like you.

The theme of the title song is relationship ennui.

What’s important is making the effort to understand your partner


My first solo album, LOVE AND FALL has been released. With iKON, I’ve done songs that are impactful with strong messages, so for my solo work I wanted to do something a little different, and that’s why I made songs with love as the theme.

The theme for the title song, “I Love You,” is relationship ennui. I don’t have this experience, but I used comics to help me write the song. But miscommunication isn’t unique to couples, right? But if two people make the effort to understand each other, I think they can overcome their problems. In that kind of situation, I would think about it from the other person’s perspective. First, I’d apologize, tell them my side straight, and then listen to their opinions. I’d try to find a way to solve the problem that way. If I thought I were the one at fault, then I think I’d be especially sure to apologize as soon as possible. This is why I categorize myself as a straightforward person. I go with what I feel, and I don’t hide those feelings. Plus, I’m the type to be outgoing and I can get close to anyone. I want to show the real me on stage too. If I had to evaluate what being cool is, I think it’d be that. I mean, if the basis for being cool were looks, then I dunno what I could do…… (laughs). I think–for girls and guys–what shows how cool they are isn’t their appearance; it’s what’s inside.


My policy is being a version of myself that is truly able to be happy no matter what I’m doing, no matter when. It’s probably a really simple thing, but it’s how I want to live my life. Even though I’m really happy now, there are times when I forget how happy I am. So when that bad habit pops up, I reconsider myself, and I try to make myself remember how happy I am.

Trans by Shino @ iKON GLOBAL | take out with full credits.
© SMART





=====================

BOBBY FOR RUDO MAGAZINE 
(FEBRUARY 2018 EDITION)

scan cr. @lover_BnH

[TRANS] BOBBY FOR RUDO (180203)
Perfect shots of a collection of the most wonderful fashionistas!
RUDO GENTS

-The rugged style sanctuary-

BOBBY from iKON

Artist 1995/12/21 Korea

-I know what I like so my rule is to not buy something if I’m not sure about it.

“This jacket is an MA-1 and hoodie combined, but I like things with this sort of uncommon, or I guess, eccentric design. As for brands, I like JUUN.J and Nonagon for Korean brands, Human Mind for Japan, and Been Trill from New York. When I come to Japan, I often shop in Harajuku and Shibuya, but lately I haven’t been going to specific brands’ shops; instead, I go to select shops and vintage shops. I have a rule that I don’t buy something if I’m not sure about it. I know what I like, so I’ve never really had any shopping failures.”

Profile & Information

Debuted with the digital single “MY TYPE” in 2015 as a rapper in Korea’s number one seven-member boy group, iKON. They had a successful Asia/Japan tour in 2016, and this year they held a Japan dome tour one year and nine months since their debut, making them the fastest foreign artist to hold such a tour in Japan’s history. He released his first solo album, LOVE AND FALL, on 11/29. The album reached number one on iTunes charts in 22 countries, which shows that his popularity crosses a global scale.

Trans by Shino @ iKON GLOBAL | take out with full credits.
© Rudo

No comments:

Post a Comment