iKON for 4MEEE Magazine (JP) June-July 2017 Issue


iKON FOR 4MEEE MAGAZINE (JP) 
JUNE-JULY 2017 ISSUE




















[TRANS] 4MEEE MAGAZINE 1707, PT. 1 - B.I

New stars have appeared on the music scene!

Tons of people can’t get enough of these younger boys!

iKON

What’s iKON?

A 7-member boy group from Korea known as Big Bang’s successors. Their Japanese debut album, WELCOME BACK, debuted at number one on the Oricon Daily Album Chart. Their original Japanese single, DUMB&DUMBER, reached first on the Oricon Weekly Single Ranking, and they topped two charts on Billboard Japan, totaling three achievements. They also received rookie awards in Korea, China, and Japan, including the 58th Japan Record Awards and the 31st Golden Disk Awards. During their two arena tours in 2016 they drew 322,000 fans, so right now they’re the trendiest group.

He’s even called the second G-Dragon! Shining with a music sense, charismatic leader—

B.I

From having participated in writing lyrics for and composing almost all of iKON’s songs, his rap skills, and his ability to lead the group, B.I is called the second G-Dragon. He is the dependable leader who pulls the group along with a stoicism recognized by everyone.

B.I, please tell us what exemplifies summer for you.

Japanese festivals! I’ve never actually been to one, but I thought the people I saw wearing yukata [t/n: summer kimono] were amazing. If I ever get the chance to go, I want to try catching a goldfish!

If you were to go out to have fun during the summer, would you rather go to the beach or the mountains?

Mountains where you can see the beach (laughs). I like hiking, so if I could hike up a mountain while being able to see the sea would be awesome. If I were to go hiking with my girlfriend on a date, I’d want her to wear something comfortable. You can’t well hike up a mountain in heels after all! (What clothes would you want her to wear on a date?) Anything’s okay as long as it suits that person! Ah, if they want, I’d be fine doing a pair look!

If you were to invite a girl on a summer date, how would you ask her out?

If I were to ask someone out, I think I’d do it over the phone. But, I’m actually bad at making promises beforehand. I want to cherish my feelings in the moment, you know? But if there were someone I’m interested in, I’d first be like “let’s go out to eat sometime,” and then when I feel like I wanna go out, I’d ask them out like “You wanna go eat now?”

You could hold a dome tour, but please tell us your future goals and what you’d like to do in Japan.

Our mini album goes on sale in August, but I’d like to release a full Japanese album soon! I also want fans to listen to iKON’s songs more. Also, I want to see the fans more so I want to have shows all over Japan! I heard that Okinawa has beautiful beaches so I’d like to go there.

Trans by Shino @ iKON GLOBAL | take out with full credits.
© 4MEEE magazine



[TRANS] 4MEEE MAGAZINE 1707, PT. 2 - BOBBY, JUNHOE

The gap between his innocent smile and his cool rap is the best!—

BOBBY

Bobby, the rapper from the birthplace of hip hop, New York, has the type of talent that won him first place in the rapper survival program SHOW ME THE MONEY 3 in 2014. On stage he’s manly, and offstage he’s iKON’s innocent moodmaker. 

How was today’s shoot with Leslie Kee?

It was our first shoot with him, but it was a really fun and exciting shoot! Usually I do a lot of shoots where I do cool poses, but today we jumps and a lot of other active things, so it was really like we were dancing. I think it was a shoot that really showed iKON-ness.

Bobby, please tell us what exemplifies summer for you. 

Rain, I think~ (The rainy season in Korea is from the end of June to the end of July. [t/n: the mag mentions this because in Japan it’s the month of June]) I have a really fun memory of biking with my dad in the rain when I was really little, so for me, rain=happy times. I also like the damp atmosphere when it rains, so I often go out on rainy days.

You’re going on a summer date with the person you like. Would you rather go to the beach or the mountains?

Definitely the beach! I’m good at swimming. If I were to ask a girl out, I’d just ask her straight up like “let’s go to the beach!” I want us to swim and have fun together. The bathing suit I like…I like black bikinis or something sexy❤ 

Please tell us your future goals for iKON and yourself.

I want iKON to have an even bigger dome tour than this one! I also want to meet even more Japanese fans directly. For me, I’d like to release a solo album someday, so I try out genres other than rap as well and further expand as an artist.



He stands out with his beautiful, husky voice that charms anyone who listens to it, as well as his mischievous Japanese!—
JU-NE

The main vocal with a unique singing voice that you won’t soon forget even after listening just once. The number of fans completely obsessed with him are have skyrocketed since he can say anything from confident remarks to funny jokes in Japanese!

This shoot is the day after your Osaka show at Kyocera Dome so time is quite tight, but how was your experience today?

It was a really different sort of feeling. It’s been a while since we did a shoot for a Japanese fashion magazine, and I was happy to be able to do such an amazing photoshoot the day after our precious dome tour. I’m thankful that we could do a shoot that pulled out each members’ charms.

Ju-ne, please tell us what exemplifies summer for you.

Actually, I don’t really like summer. The reason…It’s hot (laughs). But the water you drink in summer is amazing! I want to drink water with lots of ice while look out over the sea~ I’m not really good at swimming, so I wouldn’t go in the water (laughs).

What would you do if you invited the girl you like out to one of the many events in summer?

I’m cautious when it comes to love, so once I’m sure the other person likes me, I’d invite them out like “let’s hang out,” but if I don’t know the other person’s feelings…I definitely wouldn’t say anything (laughs). When I ask, I’d call or something and make lots of jokes and just naturally invite them out, and kind of make an atmosphere where they can easily reply!

You’re doing a dome tour one year and nine months since your Korean debut, but please tell us your future goals.

As iKON, I want us to never stop working hard with a “fall seven times, stand up eight” mentality and become an even more popular group. For me, I’m studying Japanese, so I want to get so good at speaking it that people will think of me first when they think of Koreans who are good at Japanese, and then I want to try appearing on Japanese variety shows.

Trans by Shino @ iKON GLOBAL | take out with full credits.
© 4MEEE magazine



[TRANS] 4MEEE MAGAZINE 1707, PT. 3 - DONGHYUK, YUNHYEONG

The gap between his manly physique and cute looks is sexy❤–

DONGHYUK

Vocalist. With a sculpted body and sweet, comforting personality, Donghyuk uses these two sides of his character to ensnare the hearts of women. His style and fashion sense are so good that he even stands out among the members, and he’s famous as iKON’s style leader.

How was the shoot with Leslie Kee as the cameraman?

It was refreshing to do a shoot with poses we haven’t done before. Like, jumping while making big arm movements, holding the collar of my shirt…Doing stuff with my hands was memorable. I’ve also seen the pictures he took of Big Bang and really liked them, so it was a great privilege working with him.

Donghyuk, please tell us what exemplifies summer for you.

Shorts! For me, I can’t go without them in summer. For designer items, I have like A.P.C and Saint Laurent, but I’ve always liked remaking clothes, so I cut some of my jeans into shorts as well.

If you were going to go have fun somewhere this summer, would you rather go to the beach or the mountains? 

I prefer the beach! I do enjoy swimming, but I love just walking along the coast. When I went to LA, Santa Monica was really amazing, and I was moved by the beauty of the sunset. If I were going to go on a date, I would want us to sit on the beach and relax. 

Tell us the style you like best out of women’s summer fashion.

I like street fashion and a more relaxed style, so like jeans and a white t-shirt and a hoodie—I’m attracted to girls with simple styles. Also, I think that girls who wear summery colors like red or yellow, or other vivid colors, are quite stylish.



Sweet looks and unending ambition, iKON’s most passionate vocalist—

YUNHYEONG

With a pretty face and a sculpted physique as his charms, the vocal Yunhyeong. Armed with his beautiful high tone voice, he is a passionate man who passionately sings at the top of his lungs. In his private life he is a caring and kind older brother type so the members have deep trust in him.

Yunhyeong, please tell us what exemplifies summer for you.

If you’re talking about summer, it’s gotta be zaru soba! I like soba—so much that even when I’m in Korea I look for shops where they have soba and eat there. But this time I didn’t have enough time to go so that sucked. Next time I’ll definitely eat some~! (Even after this he kept whispering that he wanted to eat soba—too freaking cute❤)

If you were going to go have fun somewhere this summer, would you rather go to the beach or the mountains? 

The beach—mountains have mosquitoes so I can’t really deal with that (laughs). The other day we went to Bali for a shoot, and the color of the sea there was so beautiful, and I thought, “I wanna come again!” I prefer looking at the sea to swimming. If I were going on a date, I’d like to have a romantic time by going to a restaurant where you can see the sea and eat on the terrace. And if we do that my girlfriend wouldn’t worry about getting sunburnt, right?

You’re doing a dome tour one year and nine months since your Korean debut, but please tell us your future goals.

Performing at the domes was one of our goals, so being able to do it this soon made me really happy. But at the same time, we don’t have many opportunities to meet fans directly, so next time I’d like to do something in smaller places with less distance. Personally, I’d like to try writing lyrics—though I think it’s hard…Someday I’d like to write lyrics in Japanese too!

Trans by Shino @ iKON GLOBAL | take out with full credits.
© 4MEEE magazine



[TRANS] 4MEEE MAGAZINE 1707, PT. 4 - JINHWAN, CHANWOO

The oldest who has sharp performances and leads the members—

JINHWAN

The main vocal. He is the eldest member and he looks after the younger members with kindness. From the overwhelming presence he has when he dances to his sweet singing voice to his fluent Japanese during concert MCs—he never stops captivating the fans!

Please tell us your thoughts on today’s shoot.

We jumped, we laid down, we did all kinds of poses…I kinda feel like I lost weight (laughs). He told me poses to make look cooler and like precise angles, so that made it really easy to do. The shoot was kind of like a performance so it was fun!

If you were to invite an older woman out on a date, what kind of date would you take her on?

I wouldn’t text her or anything—I’m the type to ask someone out directly! I’m the kind of person who will actively approach someone. You can have a more adult date at night, so I want to see the scenery at night. I don’t care much for lots of people so I’d definitely take her somewhere less crowded so we can enjoy our alone time❤ 

Jinhwan, please tell us what exemplifies summer for you.

Jeju. Jeju is where I was born and raised, but the sea is beautiful, and there are a lot of different types of scenery. If I were to compare it to a place in Japan, I suppose it would be Okinawa… During summer I remember the island. When that happens I want to see my family, and I call them without thinking.

Please tell us your goals for iKON and yourself.

I want to go to the domes we couldn’t go to this time, and I’d like to see many more Japanese fans so I want to go to more rural areas too. All the members like the beach so Okinawa would be good, eh~ Also, I want to go on a lot of Japanese TV shows! For example…I want to try appearing on variety shows. But I think their Japanese will be fast and difficult, so I have to study more!



No lack of effort, always evolving, most loved by the members—

CHANWOO

Youngest member Chanwoo was the last member added after the battles in the debut survival program MIX&MATCH. Even during his first performance he had unflinching courage on stage—a hard worker. Favored by the other members, he is a magnae who is loved.

It was your first time working with Leslie Kee, so please tell us your thoughts.

His energy during the shoot was amazing, and I was influenced by that power. He gave me the motivation to want to be even cooler. I asked about the time he shot Big Bang, whom I respect, and I was so moved!

Chanwoo, do you prefer the beach? Or the mountains? Or would you rather stay indoors?

Lately I prefer the sea. In the past I’d just stay in my room and play games for a long time so I think I probably seemed more like an indoor person, but…Lately B.I and Jinhwan like games more than me. I also like to swim so I want to go to the beach!

If you were to invite older readers of 4MEEE magazine on a date, how would you invite them out?

I don’t care at all if the person I like is older than me. I do things so my partner doesn’t feel like they have to be younger than me. When I invite them out on a date, I think I’d suggest a bunch of places I’ve already been to and have my partner choose. That way it’s easier for me to lead…I want to be manly and dependable in front of the girl I like.

You’re doing a dome tour one year and nine months since your Korean debut, but please tell us your future goals.

My goal as part of iKON is to do a five-dome tour, including Tokyo Dome. So to do that I want to get better at performing and singing. My personal goal is to go to Tokyo Disney Land because I want to meet Mickey Mouse!

Trans by Shino @ iKON GLOBAL | take out with full credits.
© 4MEEE magazine




[TRANS] 4MEEE MAGAZINE 1707, PT. 5

iKON Special Boys Talk

This page gives you all kinds of things, like special offshots from the shoot and a member Q&A. Plus, there are autographed polaroids to be given away, so don’t miss out on this chance!

[from left to right, top to bottom]

Everyone should have great big smiles for the back cover!

The 7 of them are easily able to do any pose thanks to their great reflexes

Get charmed by Bobby’s ever-changing expressions❤

Trying out a bunch of different angles and poses to get the best shot!

Chanwoo using his hand for a cool pose


Talking about his favorite type while reading 4MEEE magazine!


CHEKI PLEEEASE❤

Polaroid time during a break in the shoot. Jinhwan did peace signs, and everyone did their own playful poses for us too. Donghyuk is feverishly practicing how to write “4MEEE magazine.” B.I—just like a leader should—was checking all the members’ polaroids.

iKON—the boys you’re most interested in! We’ve asked them questions about their recent happenings and things you’re curious about!


Q. How did you feel the moment your first dome tour was decided?

A. B.I: My heart isn’t ready…
Bobby: My heart was pounding
Junhoe: I had no idea how to feel
Donghyuk: I was surprised at first, and then I was worried. Like, would we be ready on time? Would people come? Stuff like that
Yunhyeong: I didn’t know how to feel at first
Jinhwan: My heart was pounding!/Nervous
Chanwoo: We’re gonna do a dome tour?! I couldn’t believe it

Q. Do you prefer sweet things or spicy things? What is your favorite sweet/spicy food?

A. B.I: I don’t like either (laughs). I like a bit of a sharp taste
Bobby: I prefer spicy things. For Korean food I like kimchi jjigae
Junhoe: Spicy things. The best is CoCo Ichibanya’s level 10 spicy curry (laughs)
Donghyuk: I like everything that’s sweet, but my favorites are chocolate and fruit
Yunhyeong: Sweet things. Cotton candy
Jinhwan: I like spicy things. I love dandan noodles!
Chanwoo: Sweet things. Cake

Q. Tell us the iKON song you recommend for summer.

A. B.I: BLING BLING
Bobby: AIRPLANE
Junhoe: RHYTHM TA
Donghyuk: MY TYPE
Yunhyeong: B-DAY
Jinhwan: BLING BLING
Chanwoo: DUMB & DUMBER

Q. When’s the most recent time you cried?

A. B.I: I don’t cry!
Bobby: When I yawned (t/n: I have…no idea)
Junhoe: When we were preparing for the dome tour. We super busy and it was hard so I cried.
Donghyuk: I haven’t cried
Yunhyeong: When we were singing “LONG TIME NO SEE” at Kyocera Dome, the tears just naturally came out
Jinhwan: On my bed by myself…I cried
Chanwoo: U~m…I don’t remember

Q. What Japanese have you learned recently?

A. B.I: Yareyare (laughs) [t/n: ahh (surprise or relief)]
Bobby: Yabai yan. Yabai kara [t/n: “yabai” is a multipurpose word that can mean pretty much anything (something like “holy crap” that can be used in a variety of situations. “yabai yan” is kansaiben and is like “yabai, right” and “yabai kara” is “because it’s yabai”)]
Junhoe: Nankurunaisa~ It’s my motto! [t/n: don’t worry, be happy]
Donghyuk: Hisashiburi yan! We had a show in Osaka, and I wanted to use Osakaben in the MC so I learned some. [t/n: it’s been a while, eh (in kansaiben)]
Yunhyeong: Umee! Since you use it a lot when you eat [t/n: frickin’ delicious! (it’s the mantalk/slangier version of “umai”)]
Jinhwan: Chounan Jinan. It’s the catchphrase for my self-introduction, and during shows I always say “I’m the oldest (chounan) but I’m Jinan” [t/n: “chounan” 長男 means “oldest son,” and the Japanese pronunciation of Jinhwan’s name is “jinan” ジナン. This is the same pronunciation as the Japanese word for “second son” 次男, so Jinhwan constantly makes the pun that he’s “chounan jinan” 長男次男, which is literally “the oldest second son.” And as a fun fact, sometimes Japanese fans write his name as 次男. Also, he’s been making this joke since the beginning so I certainly wouldn’t characterize this as “recent”…lol]
Chanwoo: Yunhyeong no bunshin. Since I’m like Yunhyeong’s twin [t/n: Yunhyeong’s alter ego]

Trans by Shino @ iKON GLOBAL | take out with full credits.
© 4MEEE magazine



Source:

No comments:

Post a Comment